Thursday, May 10, 2012

My Mother's Day wish list..


**First of all, I know I am sporting the Christmas motif still. I really need to finally get with my girl Kelly over at Kellysavenuedesigns.com to get a blog makeover. Its way overdue and I know she is ready to do some magic here on my blog!**
     

       Ok, so I have been reading a lot on some of my favorite blogs about "Mother's Day wish list's". I thought that was so fun and decided to do one of my very own. So....what would my day look like if I had the day all to myself to spend with some gal pals? Well, let's see..


~I would start the day with some Bikram Yoga to get myself feeling strong for the day!

~ Next I would meet some of my favorite girlfriends for a coffee over at Kierland ( Joy, Jen Peterson, Shelley, Ne'Ne', Emily and Laurie-Laur would all be flying in for the day too), we would meet up with some of my Phoenix girls.

~After doing some damage at Anthropologie over at Kierland we would hit the Biltmore and do some more damage at the Vera Bradley Store, followed by lunch over at the Cheescake Factory (calories son't count on Mother's Day).

~Next we would end up back at my place (nobody there but us, of course!) we would fire up the blender and make some mango margaritas complete with the little umbrella too. We would head out to the pool and spend the rest of the afternoon hanging and gabbing poolside while getting our tan on!

~The night would end with all of us making dinner and watching a cheesy movie like "My Big Fat Greek Wedding", which of course would be followed with hours of laughing and reminiscing! Inevitably we would end up talking about our kids and our hubby's  and about what God is doing in our lives and so on.  For me this would be the perfect kind of day because I would get to spend it with all of my favorite girlfriends who I don't get to see often enough because of distance or just plain busy lives. While many people are wishing for tummy tucks or tropical vacations on their wish lists ( which are not bad things at all) I am wishing for the relational aspect of life, its who I am. I crave people and the memories that I get to make with them. I am a simple person, I just want to love and be loved!


                ~"Ointment and perfumes rejoice the heart: and the counsels of a friend are sweet to the soul"
                                                              Proverbs 27:9


3 comments :

  1. So I'm not a mom, but can I come?? That all sounds amazing! And props to doing Bikram Yoga! I just starting doing yoga but haven't mustered up enough courage to try it in 100 degrees yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a fun day!!! glad i would be a part of it!! miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Email me

    Kellysavenue@yahoo.com

    New email address

    ReplyDelete