Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Monkey see, monkey do!

So, recently the kids and I were having a dance off here at home, that's pretty normal around here. We love music and we can't seem to sit still when its on so we boogie! As I took a much needed break the kids were still in full swing while "Rolling in the deep" with our good friend Adele. I sat back and watched my little sweeties in all their glory and then I was starting to pick up on something. Logan would copy every move that Kiely made or he would try and repeat the words she was singing.  This went on and on and then over the next few days when they would be playing again I noticed him repeating her words or the things she would be doing. While all of this was pretty cute, I was not happy about the fact he would "copy" K.G. when she was being sassy....OH NO, UH UH...not in this house!! I had to sit Kiely down and remind her that her little brother was watching her every move and listening to every word she said and how she needed to be the best example she could be to him because she was the "Big Sister" and she was his role-model. As I was in full mommy mode telling Kiely how she should be acting, I was quickly reminded about my own shortcomings. How I am acting or re-acting in certain situations when they are present? Was I being a good role-model for my own kids? I'd sure like to think so, but I know that I fail at this sometimes( Unfortunately, I can be a sass myself). Quite honestly as I was thinking about this I began to get a little freaked out! In that moment I was reminded of the HUGE responsibility I have as their Momma. I am their #1 role model. I cant think about a bigger & greater job than that and at the same time its a bit scary. I was so grateful through watching the interaction of my kids how I need to "check myself before I wreck myself"...or my kids for that matter. I want them to see me as a loving wife, mother, family member, friend and so on. I think they are on the right path, They are surrounded by family & friends who love the Lord and want to instill good moral character into my sweeties. As I was thinking through this I was contemplating my relationship with God and how it could always use improvement. If I'm not putting him first as my "Ultimate Role Model" then I cant expect that my actions are always going to mirror the goodness of God. TOTAL REALITY CHECK. It made me want to get up close and personal with my God on an ever consistent basis. I need him. My kids need me to need him! Enough said. Monkey see, monkey do.
"May the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Oh Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer" Psalm 19:14



2 comments :

  1. Absolutely beautifully put! I love you and all of my Mundy's!! Your Paps is so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete